Hairy Jayne Conditioner Bars are plastic free, natural, cruelty free and vegan. They soften and nourish dry hair with Wheat Protein, Mango Butter and plant oils. Best for wavy and curly hair types. Our conditioner bars work well on straight hair if made into a liquid first (instructions below) or when using the reverse washing method.
Choose Floral, Citrus or Musk fragrance. Now available in cardboard box, aluminium tin or with no outer packaging (naked).
• Break off a small piece of your conditioner bar. You may need to experiment with the size of the piece for your hair type, but best to start small.
• Squidge the piece of conditioner bar into the palm of one hand using the thumb of the other hand and some water.
• Rub your palms together to form a paste.
• Add some more water then work it between your palms until it becomes a cream, breaking up any small lumps of conditioner bar as you go.
• Run the cream through the mid-lengths and ends of your hair (keep away from the scalp).
• Use your fingers or a wide tooth comb to get through any tangles. Please note that at this stage it doesn't feel as 'slippy' as a liquid conditioner would, but it is doing the work!
• Rinse well with hot water to remove all of the conditioner.
Alternatively, if you'd rather make the conditioner bar into a liquid before using it:
• Chop the bar into quarters with a knife. It's best to do it in four pieces as the conditioner bars contain no preservatives, so once water is added to make the liquid, the conditioner will only stay fresh for a few weeks.
• Place the cube in a glass or bowl. Add roughly the same amount of boiling water as the size of the piece of conditioner bar. Use a spoon or stirrer to swill it around and help it dissolve.
• Let the mixture cool for a minute as it will thicken up slightly. You can then add more cool water to the mixture and stir well until it is the desired strength or consistency.
Hairy Jayne plastic free solid conditioner bars are sulfate free, cruelty free and preservative free. Vegan with no palm oil. Fragranced with essential oils, the bars are available in Floral (Geranium, Bergamot & Vanilla) or Citrus (Grapefruit, May Chang & Jasmine) or Musk (Neroli, Vetiver & Patchouli) fragrance.
50g bar. 5 x 5 x 2.5cm. (Lasts approximately 2-3 months if used around 3 times a week).
Handmade with botanical ingredients and packaged in sustainable packaging – either recyclable cardboard box (FSC Mix 70%), re-usable aluminium tin or just paper wrapper (naked).